This years InfoComm show in Orlando, Florida witnessed the release of a trio of new exciting products from the QSC Systems group, targeted squarely at the corporate AV market.
Q-SYS Core 110f
The Q-SYS Core 110f is the latest addition to the Q-SYS™ lineup of network audio solutions, which are built on modern Intel-based technologies and a Linux Real Time Operating System. The new, smaller Core 110f brings powerful yet affordable software based audio processing product to the corporate AV market.
“Q-SYS products will shape both QSC and the convergence of AV and IT,” said Joe Pham, President and CEO. “The Q-SYS Core 110f delivers a seamless collaboration experience in boardrooms, conference rooms, and other corporate spaces where businesses need to focus on solving their problems instead of concerning themselves with the AV technology. They can rely on QSC for solutions built around performance, reliability, ease of use—backed by people who care.”
The Core 110f will allow AV integrators and IT managers alike to deliver seamless networking integration via Q-LAN, which uses IT standard Layer-3 protocols. Additionally, the Core 110f’s ability to coexist with all other data, use of standard Ethernet switches, and is AES67-interoperable, adding to the growing list of 3rd party network audio products which will support the standard.
The Q-SYS Core 110f features:
- Software-based implementation of DSP. Delivers more processing power, giving integrators the flexibility to add AEC channels without additional hardware, designate in software; flex analog audio channels as inputs or outputs for nearly any matrix size, and select VoIP or POTS, or both telephony connectivity options without the hassle of managing multiple SKUs or purchasing additional hardware.
- Q-LAN networking integration. Streams audio over IP using IT standard Layer-3 protocols plus device discovery, control, telemetry and audio monitoring.
- Flexible Analog I/O channels. In addition to the eight fixed mic/line inputs and eight fixed outputs, Core 110f provides eight flexible channels that can be software defined in real time as inputs or outputs. Single channel granularity makes it possible to configure each channel independent of the others giving nearly all the flexibility of competing card based systems without the hassle and cost. In total, Core 110f provides an overall class leading 24 I/O capability in 1 rack unit space.
- Multi-Instance USB Host and Device Audio. Provides up to 16×16 USB audio channels that can be spilt in any combination or ratio and appear in the host operating system as multiple devices over one USB connection such as a 1×1 speaker phone plus an audio recording interface. In addition, the Core 110f can act as a host for future USB audio devices that can be connected directly to the Core 110f for processing and distribution.
SPA Series Amplifiers
The SPA series is a powerful yet affordable pair of amplifiers designed to meet the audio amplification needs in boardrooms, conference rooms, and other corporate spaces where multiple speakers are in use.
“We are pleased to answer requests from our loyal customers for an amplifier solution that brings the power and sensation of our live-event amplifiers into the boardroom,” said Joe Pham, President and CEO. “Our SPA Amplifier Series is Energy Star compliant and offers flexibility to integrators with two amplifier solutions. The SPA2-60 offers two channels of Low-Z output into 4Ω or 8Ωs, but it can be bridged to provide 70V or 100V output. The SPA4-60 is similar but offers more channels enabling elegant solutions like a pair of stereo channels with a single 70V or 100V output, or a Sub/Sat combination. This capability minimizes the amount of inventory and SKUs our customers need to manage for products that represent the majority of their business.”
SPA Amplifier Series features:
- 2x 60W or 4x 60W per channel into 8Ω and 4Ω outputs.
- Bridgeable channels to provide 120W into 70V or 100V load, eliminating the need for additional amplifiers.
- Energy Star compliant to meet LEED certification in corporate buildings.
- Half-rack size with unique rack mounting system for flexible mounting options in boardrooms, such as under the table, wall-mounted behind a display, or side-by-side in a credenza rack.
- Aesthetic design that easily blends into a corporate environment.
- Remote control capabilities for applications such as standby mode for fire and safety paging.
TSC-7t Tabletop Touchscreen
The TSC-7t Tabletop Touchscreen can be used on any Q-SYS networked audio solution, including the new Core 110f. The TSC-7t functions as an elegant telephone dialer and can additionally be used to control a myriad of third-party devices prevalent in boardrooms and meeting rooms—via the Core (no additional control processor box required).
Additionally, the TSC-7t meets a common BYOD (bring your own device) audio need. When meeting participants run UC or web conferencing applications on their own devices, they can easily connect the 2-way audio from that device to the Q-SYS system using the Bluetooth and or Micro USB On-The-Go (OTG) connections on the TSC-7t.
“Today’s business professionals expect to use their personal devices as tools for collaboration and communication,” notes Joe Pham, QSC President and CEO. “The TSC-7t allows them to easily introduce their own devices to their meeting room’s networked audio. This functionality is just one example of how QSC is innovating solutions for the Corporate AV market.”
TSC-7t Tabletop Touchscreen features:
- 7 in. (17.78 cm) wide screen, high-resolution PoE tabletop touchscreen for dialing and easy control of third-party devices.
- PoE powered or DC line input.
- Q-LAN audio capable with multiple concurrent connections bridging to USB and Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth and OTG Micro-USB connectors that allow audio from personal devices to connect to Q-SYS Core 110f or any of the Q-SYS Core Processor line.
- Available in black with included tabletop stand.
- Also available in a wallmount version as the TSC-7w
All three of these new innovations from QSC will be available in Canada in the fall of 2015.