NETGEAR® appoints SFM as the Canadian distributor of NETGEAR® ethernet switches – the #1 choice for small businesses around the world for over 20 years.
NETGEAR® Ethernet switches are used in wired networks to connect to other devices using Ethernet cables. The switch allows each connected device to link with others, offering several advantages: connect to dozens of devices, determine traffic priority, monitor usage, control network access to various parts of the network, and communicate within your network.
Available in four ranges:
- Easy management with intuitive GUI
- VLANs: Network segregation with increased security, performance, cost reduction and management simplification
- QoS: Determine traffic priority between audio, video, file transfer
- Priority Setting: Per-port, for VoIP, rate limiting, VLANs
Smart Managed Plus Switches
- Backbone for large networks with demanding apps and high-speed requirements.
- Ideal in education, government, hospitality, large business
- Most comprehensive portfolio – scales from 24-port 1G full power PoE+ to 96-port 10G and provides a choice of copper and fiber and PoE+
- Engineered for AV over IP with models up to 100G
- Remote Management Capabilities: On the latest models with NETGEAR Insight app or web portal
- Local GUI: For easy configuration and management
- Spanning Tree: Failover links and interop
- Advanced VLANs: For improved network segmentation & security
- Add wired Ethernet ports to your home or business router
- Offload your WiFi for faster, safe, connectivity
- Plug-and-play no need for IT knowledge
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE): No need for a second cable run for power, one cable brings power and connectivity, choice of PoE budget
“Rarely is there an audiovisual project that doesn’t require a network switch, whether for transmission of signals, PoE, or control. NETGEAR® has worked hard to partner with the industry’s top AV over IP brands, many of which are carried by SFM. NETGEAR® is excited to partner with SFM to allow integrators the ability to source all of the required components necessary to build the best possible AV environments.” Cody Kleven – Business Development Manager – Netgear ProAV
Ethernet AV switches have become an integral part of networking because of their ability to handle data traffic with speed and efficiency. Whether you are wiring a small, medium, or large-sized business, reliable and affordable Ethernet switches are a requirement and NETGEAR® has become one of the most popular on the market.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with NETGEAR®. Adding their purpose-built AV switches will be very advantageous for our customers as we help them deploy increasingly complex AV over IP solutions. NETGEAR’s ability to make these switches very easy to configure, interoperable and able to scale from small to extremely complex projects make them a perfect addition to the SFM Pro line card.” Mike Gregory – SFM Director of Sales, Pro Division.
NETGEAR is available in Canada and now shipping.