Two notes Dynamic Impulse Response (DynIR) Virtual Cabinets are regarded as one of the most advanced yet easy-to-use cab sim technologies available for guitar players. Joining the existing family of DynIR cabinets is the first Artist Series Collection, developed with one of the most prolific and influential rock guitarists of all time, George Lynch.
“Working with Two notes and capturing my cabinets has been a great experience. I can now have all my favorite vintage cabinets with me at any time, in a small footprint. I’ve always been dependent on my tone for inspiration and Two notes deliver. They are easy to use, sound fantastic, and are now available to anyone,” says George Lynch.
The George Lynch – Mr Scary Collection includes 5 vintage cabinets used on countless recordings throughout George’s legendary career:
- LYNCH MARS – captured from a 1974 Marshall® 4×12” with Celestion® UK 20W Heritage speakers. Used by George on Dokken, Lynch Mob, and KXM recordings.
- LYNCH MEGAWATT – captured from an early 70’s HiWatt® 4×12” with original Fane® speakers. Used by George for 15 years, both in the studio and on extensive tours.
- LYNCH CITRUS – captured from an early 70’s Orange® 4×12” with UK Eminence® squarebacks. It is one of the darkest sounding cabinets in George’s prime collection.
- LYNCH VH1 – captured from an early 70’s Marshall® 4×12″ previously owned and used by Eddie Van Halen from ‘74 to the early 80s. This historic cabinet has Celestion® 25W G12M Greenbacks.
- LYNCH VH2 – captured from an early 70’s Marshall® 4×12” also previously owned and used by Eddie Van Halen from ‘74 to the early 80s. This historic cabinet has vintage JBL® D120F speakers.
The cabinets captured for the LYNCH VH1 & VH2 DynIRs were an essential part of the early Van Halen sound, both in the recording studio and live. The 5 historic cabinets featured in the George Lynch – Mr Scary Collection were meticulously captured with 8 studio microphones, through vintage Neve® 1061 preamps, at the world-famous Henson Studios (Studio D) in Los Angeles.
Guillaume Pille, Two Notes Audio Engineering CEO explains, “I am extremely proud to welcome George Lynch’s personal collection of vintage cabinets to our DynIR library. This is the beginning of our Artist Series journey and we know many of our customers, whether they use our Torpedo hardware such as Captor X or Wall of Sound Plug-In, will love the tonal flexibility, power, and response of the George Lynch – Mr Scary Collection.”